What is the purpose of this document?
Maclean TM Limited (Maclean TM) is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. This privacy notice describes how Maclean TM collects and uses personal information we hold about clients, suppliers and freelancers (known collectively as “You” or “Your”), in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Maclean TM is a “data controller”. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about You. We are required under data protection legislation to notify You of the information contained in this privacy notice. If you have any questions regarding this privacy notice please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We may update this notice at any time but if we do so, we will provide You with an updated copy of this notice as soon as reasonably practical.
It is important that You read and retain this notice, together with any other privacy notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal information about You, so that You are aware of how and why we are using such information and what Your rights are under the data protection legislation.
Data Protection Principles
We will comply with data protection law. This says that the personal information we hold about You must be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to You and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
- Relevant to the purposes we have told You about and limited only to those purposes.
- Accurate and kept up to date.
- Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told You about.
- Kept securely.
The kind of information we hold about you
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
Why we collect your information
We collect and use your information for a variety of reasons. We need some information to enter into and perform a contract with you – for example your contact and payment details.
Some information processing is required by law or in the public interest including making sure we verify our customers’ identities. Some information is processed because you have given your consent to that, which can be withdrawn at any time via a data deletion request to our Data Controller. email@example.com
We collect other information because we have legitimate business interests in doing so, for example, in:
- Understanding how you use our services and websites;
- Understanding and responding to feedback;
- Researching, analysing and improving our services;
- Maintaining a public profile on both traditional and social media;
- Providing security over our business and who we trade with; or
We need to collect certain types of information to allow us to comply with legal requirements relating to our anti-fraud / anti-money laundering / know your customer obligations. If this information is not provided we cannot to provide you with a product or service. Your personal information may also be processed on reasonable request by a law enforcement or regulatory authority, body or agency or in the conduct or defence of a legal claim. We will not delete personal information if relevant to an investigation or a dispute. It will continue to be stored until those issues are fully resolved.
How we use your information
We use the information we collect to provide you with relevant information about the services we offer and to communicate with you, including, for example, informing you about new case studies and service offerings. We also use information for business operations, security, safety and dispute resolution.
Communications, marketing and advertising
We use data that we collect to deliver and personalise our communications with you. We may, for example, contact you by email or by other means of electronic communication (including by social media platforms) to inform you about any news/events from MacleanTM.
Information we share
There are certain circumstances where we may transfer your personal data to employees, contractors and to other parties.
We may share your information with certain contractors or service providers. Our suppliers and service providers will be required to meet our standards on processing information and security. The information we provide to them, including your information, will only be provided in connection with the performance of their function.
We may also share your information with certain third parties. We will do this either when we receive your consent or because we need them to see your information to provide products or services to you. These include credit reference agencies, anti-fraud databases, screening agencies and other partners we do business with.
Your personal information may be transferred to other third-party organisations in certain scenarios:
- If we are required to by law, or under any regulatory code or practice we follow, or if we are asked by any public or regulatory authority – for example the Police;
- Your personal data may be shared if it is made anonymous and aggregated, as in such circumstances the information will cease to be personal data.
Where your information will be held
We store our information on computer systems and hard copy files held by MacleanTM both on premises and via third party (secure) data systems such as CRM software and Data Analytics’ systems. We will only transfer data to jurisdictions outside the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) where the appropriate safeguards set out in the GDPR are in place.
Data Retention – How long will you use my information for?
We will only retain Your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for (ie if we have any contractual agreements in place that demand such), including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of Your personal data, the purposes for which we process Your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
You may have certain rights in relation to your information including a right to access or to correct the information we hold on you. We have listed the rights you have over your information and how you can use them below. These rights will only apply in certain circumstances. They will generally not be available if there are outstanding contracts between us, if we required by law to keep the information or if the information is relevant to a legal dispute.
- You can remove consent, where you have provided it, at any time.
- You can ask us to confirm if we are processing your information.
- You can ask for access to your information.
- You can ask to correct your information if it is wrong.
- You can ask us to delete your information.
- You can ask us to restrict how we use your information.
- You can ask us to help you move your information to other companies.
- To help with that, you have a right to ask that we provide your information in an easily readable format to another company.
- You can ask us to stop using your personal information, but only in certain cases.
- You have the right to complain to the relevant supervisory authority.
We are committed to keeping your personal information safe. We have put in place physical, technical and administrative measures to prevent unauthorised access or use of your information.
Changes to this Policy Notice
We reserve the right to update this privacy notice at any time, and we will provide You with a new privacy notice when we make any substantial updates. We may also notify You in other ways from time to time about the processing of your personal information.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, please contact:
Maclean TM Limited
31a Rutland Square
Edinburgh, EH1 2BW
0131 476 4762